Sunday, December 06, 2009

Big Boy Kellan

Once again, poor youngest children.  I should do better since I am the youngest, but it is not happening.  Kellan is such a joy.  He has been potty trained since September and I have yet to get any "potty" pictures.  It was so nice.  He trained himself by watching his brother and sister.  I didn't have to do a thing, which is exactly what I needed out of a 3rd child.  It took me until the first of November to finally get rid of Kellan's crib and put him into a big boy bed.  I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  It felt so weird taking apart the crib.  It seems like a lifetime ago when we put it together 7 1/2 years ago and we haven't taken it apart except to move it.  It lasted through all three kids and now they are all in "normal" beds.  It seems so weird.  Kellan did great with the transition and hasn't even known the difference.  Once again, a huge blessing.  We have so much fun together and he is such a momma's boy.  He talks 90 to nothing and sometimes I forget I am talking to a two year old and not an adult.  I am treasuring this time with my last child.  It is going too fast.  God has shown me over and over again why I needed a boy as #3.  Kellan is perfect for our family.

No comments: